RAPID CLOUD BOARDING WORKSHOP – HYBRID CLOUD AS PART OF DIGITALISATION
Webinar recording: Rapid Cloud Boarding Workshop
In this 15-minute webcast you are given detailed information about the background and sequence of this workshop concept – take a look inside. We'd be glad to accompany you on your way into the cloud.
FROM THE CONCEPT TO STRUCTURING AND IMPLEMENTATION
Microsoft Corporation is one of the leading providers of cloud infrastructure with over 100 computer centres in 38 regions that serve more than 140 countries. Microsoft has invested more than 15 billion dollars in setting up a stable cloud infrastructure that enables secure cloud services to be offered with high availability and low costs. Each Microsoft cloud is based on the fundamental principles of security, data protection and transparency.
CAST is the pioneer and global market leader in the area of software analysis and software measurement. With investments in research and development exceeding 120 million euros, CAST is creating a solution providing IT management with transparent insights into application development and outsourcing on the basis of objective, fact-based decision parameters.
For over 21 years noventum consulting has been the leading IT management consultation company, providing support for IT outsourcing/insourcing and transformation projects. Customers include renowned companies from the upper midsize market and corporations.
- The digitalisation that today's companies are confronted with requires a new type of IT environment.
- This must be more agile and be able to convert the requirements of specialist departments as quickly as possible into new business models and quotations.
- Cloud computing plays a central role in digital transformation because it provides agile, flexible IT infrastructures and application environments.
- It is important to have an understanding of the quality of the application portfolio to be able to take decisions concerning rationalisation, prioritisation and upgrading based on the validated information. This positively impacts costs and performance in the cloud.
- An optimal cloud computing architecture provides infrastructure services (IaaS), platform services (PaaS) and application services (SaaS). The results of the workshop can be utilised independently of selection of the provider.
- As a result, the conventional IT environment ("robust IT") can be linked without loss to the new, agile world of apps and web applications ("fast IT").
ADVANTAGES OF A FLEXIBLE CLOUD ENVIRONMENT
- Storage capacity and IT infrastructure is becoming cheaper and more flexible and can be adapted almost in real time to specific needs.
- In some service models the cloud providers carry out the interruption-free maintenance of servers and implementing software updates. So-called "patch days" are receding.
- The requirements from technical departments concerning flexibilisation are increasing – employees can access data, applications and services from anywhere via internet access and simultaneously process data. Web interfaces are increasingly replacing GUIs. Complex systems are more easy to operate and also reduce support complexity.
- Cloud approaches offer almost random scalability. Growth phases or phases of weakness can be managed.
- Costs in the cloud can be more efficiently calculated using payment systems such as "pay per use".
EXPERIENCE THE SPEED, QUALITY AND COST-EFFICIENCY OF THE CLOUD USING BEST PRACTICES:
- During the workshop you learn by using best practices:
• Method for developing your cloud strategy
• How cloud perspectives impact your IT
- You also gain an indication of your maturity level (based on best practices).
- With help from the application analysis tool produced by Cast we analyse five of your applications together with you and evaluate these concerning readiness for the cloud.
- You learn how to implement a hybrid infrastructure, which requirements you need, how to address security aspects, how to migrate applications and which demands to make on an orchestration solution:
- Together with you we set up a hybrid infrastructure. This is based on the noventum prototype stack and Microsoft Azure. We subsequently migrate your application with you into the hybrid environment.
- You gain a practical insight into Microsoft Azure.
- We also provide you with a presentation of the results including recommendations for handling to take with you, and you are ready for the cloud.
WHICH PEOPLE MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN THIS WORKSHOP?
For CIOs, Heads of IT Infrastructure, Heads of Applications, Heads of Governance & Compliance
- Definition of your aims and strategic specifications
- From the service map to a "make or buy" decision based on best practices
- Typical services in the cloud context
- How can you evaluate and visualise the quality of your applications?
- How does a cloud strategy look like and which elements does it contain?
- How does a cloud guideline look like?
- Which benefits are provided by the cloud?
- Which security requirements must I consider?
- For Heads of IT Infrastructure, Heads of Applications, Lead Architects
For Heads of IT Infrastructure, Heads of Applications, Lead Architects
- How do you create an application analysis and how can you evaluate your application portfolio?
- Which technical (network / architecture) and regulatory specifications do you need to comply with, and which requirements must be fulfilled?
- Together with you we set up an exemplary hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- We then migrate an application into this hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- How does an operational model look like?
SUBDIVISION OF THE WORKSHOP INTO SEVERAL SUBPARTS. MORE QUALITY VIA "PROCESSING TIME"
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR CLOUD WORKSHOP
Do you want to get into the cloud and our workshop offers are of interest to you?
Then talk with us personally about your in-house cloud workshop, tailored to your company.
Please provide us with your contact information on the form on the reverse. One of our experts will get in touch with you shortly!